Friday, July 4, 2014

Mount TBR: Check-In




It's time for the second check-in post for the Mount TBR challenge @ My Reader's Block. As I have only a small peak to conquer, I am pretty happy to have read five out of the twelve.

Here are the books read:

From Sawdust to Stardust by Terry Lee Rioux
 Kartography by Kamila Shamsie
To Make the Deaf Hear by S. Irfan Habib
The House of Silk by Anthony Horowitz
Bodyline by Philip Derriman



Of these, the one on my shelf longest was Bodyline: The Cricket 'War' between England and Australia by Philip Derriman. I remember purchasing it way back in 2003 and it had remained on my shelves since. Many a time, I thought of reading it but somehow or the other never did. This year, determined to read it, I did so...and it has brought about what I call my summer of madness. Last year, it was Star Trek, this year it is that 1932-33 Ashes cricket series. I am not sure this was the right time to read the book because I should be devoting my time to really crucial things. But then what would life be if it was all regulated and predictable...

Want to join the challenge, click here.



6 comments:

  1. Neeru - You're making great progress on the Mt. TBR Challenge. I'm pleased for you and impressed. And you're absolutely right; life doesn't always need to be regulated...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing great. I, on the other hand, am failing miserably. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a wide variety of books you are reading from your shelves, Neer. I need to add in some non-fiction to my reading. I neglect that area.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Margot, Freda and Tracy. I am happy to have these books off the shelf.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done on making so much headway with your TBR - wish I could say the same ..!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sergio. It's nice to see you back.

      Delete